Tuesday, November 4, 2008

No Confidence + No Write-Ins = No Vote

I was in the voting booth no more than an hour ago, making my picks, filling in my arrows. The space for President was still left to do. I stood there for a couple minutes, just staring at my choices, until I finally thought, "You know what? No, thank you." I simply couldn't vote for either of the candidates, and since Oklahoma ballots do not allow a space for write-ins, I left it blank. I was seriously thinking about voting for Ralph Nader, not because I agree with him on many issues, but because I strongly feel that our two-party system is a sham and he is the leading third party/independent candidate. Oh, well, can't do that.

I feel pretty good with my decision. I mean, I did write a big, long defense of refusing to vote, so I would expect to be at peace with this. I just hope whoever comes out of the election on top is good for our country. Lord knows we need a good run.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah Oklahoma is the only state in the nation where the Libertarian Party candidate wasn't on the ballot and is one of like 5 or 6 states with no write-in.

    ReplyDelete